Evilspeak Review


Starring: Clint Howard, Don Stark, R.G. Armstrong, Richard Moll, Haywood Nelson, Joe Cortese

Director: Eric Weston


Stanley Coopersmith, a military student who is mercilessly bullied by his fellow classmates, teachers and even the priest. While he is working on the school computer, he finds a Satanic book that was written centuries ago by known Satanist Father Esteban, whose coffin is in the basement of the school's chapel. As the book is being translated in the computer, Father Esteban takes control and convinces Stanley to take revenge in a black magic ritual.

When his classmates go too far, Stanley seeks the ultimate revenge in a climax you have to see to believe.

Character actor Clint Howard (Ron Howard's little brother) plays the bullied Stanley Coopersmith and he was so incredible. I've been a fan of Clint's for years, but never really saw one of his earlier roles, as this movie was made in 1981. 

I had avoided it for some time because way back when, I wasn't into the Satanic scene. Never was interested at all. However, I've been really getting into the video nasties and decided to finally seek this flick out, as I bought the Blu-ray. I am so glad I made that decision because Evilspeak kicks fucking ass.

Now, let me say that it is a bit slow as to get to know the characters and see the pain that everyone puts on Stanley, but the outcome in the end is well worth the wait.

When Father Esteban, portrayed by Richard Moll, possess Stanley, that gave me the chills and no other movie ever did that to me at all. 

There is one scene I want to talk about though, the school secretary gets devoured by some wild boars from hell, while she is taking a shower. The scene is great, but I was hoping that it would've been a lot gorier, but alas, it wasn't. That was the only disappoint in the entire movie though.

Evilspeak has quickly become one of my favorite movies of all time andf I highly recommend it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zombarella's House of Whorrors Review

Crowley Review

Gates of Gore's Team