Crowley Review



Starring: Simon Callow, Kal Weber, Lucy Kudden, Jud Charlton, Paul McDowell, John Shrapnel

Director: Julian Doyle


Originally titled Chemical Wedding, Crowley (the US title) tells the tale of Neo-Pagan Aleister Crowley, known as "The Wickedest Man in the World", who died in 1947.

50 years after his death, Cambridge scholar Professor Oliver Haddo enters a Virtual Reality Machine, but things go awry and he becomes possessed by the spirit of Crowley.

Crowley proceeds to begin his occult practices all over again, in search for a "scarlet bride" to marry and increase his powers.

I really didn't know what to expect, but this was one of the most kick ass movies I've seen in a long time. Iron Maiden frontman Bruce Dickinson co-wrote this little tale and I was surprised. I love Bruce Dickinson, but had no idea that he could write a movie such as this.

Simon Callow, who portrayed Haddo/Crowley was amazing. He freaked me out in so many ways. Even when it was over, I wanted more.

I was more shocked at the sexual overtone in this movie. The implied masturbation and sex orgy scene was a sight to see. There are some death scenes, but not a lot and nothing in the way of gory.

What I loved even more was that both Bruce Dickinson and Iron Maiden provided a few songs for the soundtrack, which was great. Also, Bruce provided a couple of cameos, which was great to see.

It took me this long to finally check Crowley out and I wish it hadn't, but I will say that it was well worth it. I plan to watch it many more times. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zombarella's House of Whorrors Review

Gates of Gore's Team