The Craft: Legacy Review


Cast: Cailee Spaeny, Zoey Luna, Nicholas Galitzine, Michelle Monaghan, Gideon Adlon, Lovie Simone, David Duchovny 

Director: Zoe Lister-Jones


After moving with her mom to a small town to live with her new stepfamily, a young girl discovers her new found powers that she had and with the addition of 3 of her classmates, their powers grow more powerful then they expected.

Does this sound familiar? Well it should, especially if you are a fan of the 1996 film, THE CRAFT.

When news of THE CRAFT: LEGACY was let out, it was reported that they were planning a remake/reboot and I was really pissed off with it. Fortunately, they eventually didn't go down that road and THE CRAFT: LEGACY turned out to be a sequel instead. However, the movie was really disappointing in so many ways. 

The 4 main actresses did a decent job with what they were given, but I just wish it was more. Unlike THE CRAFT, there were no development with the characters nor did they show their private lives, which would've made much more sense to where they came from.

I was so glad that David Duchovny was in this movie and his performance was great, but I just needed more. I get where they went, but by the end, all you can think of is "that's it?" and nothing else was explained.

I have a huge complaint though. I was wanting more horror and witchcraft going on, but felt it was a drama between the characters with little anything else.

The final scene of the movie was the only worthwhile part that made me happy, which really isn't saying much or worth it to stay until the very end.

THE CRAFT: LEGACY would've been a great sequel, but failed miserably, especially because it is PG-13, which I don't have a problem for the most part, but it just needed so much more to keep me interested.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zombarella's House of Whorrors Review

Crowley Review

Gates of Gore's Team