Body Review

 


Cast: Helen Rogers, Alexandra Turshen, Lauren Molina, Larry Fessenden

Director: Dan Berk and Robert Olsen 

After a night out of partying, 3 female friends sneak into a secluded, remote mansion to have more  fun. However, what was supposed to be good times, things turn horribly wrong.


I didn't know what to expect when I came across this film. I actually thought this was going to be something about body horror, but I mean with that title and not reading the description, how can you not think that way. 
When I started watching this movie, I discovered it was not what I was expecting, but that's not a bad thing, is it?

BODY was more of a thriller about 3 women who get more then they bargained for when they get caught by the groundskeeper of the mansion and what ends up happening until the very end.

Plus this movie takes place during Christmas and I thought I knew every holiday horror films, so it's great to come across one I had never heard of.

I was quite impressed with BODY. First of all, it's not heavy on characters and that is quite refreshing because I just don't like movies with too many people that you have to try and keep up with what's going on. 

The 3 young actresses were amazing. You have one that you end up hating, while the other 2 you really feel for. And when things go so wrong, you'll understand why. I will say that one scene is really uncomfortable, even though you don't fully see what's going on, you just know.

At a run time of only 75 minutes, BODY really doesn't let up at all and I thought that was great. It kept me focused from start to finish. 

If you are interested in checking this movie out, you can find it on the streaming service, Shudder just like I did.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zombarella's House of Whorrors Review

Crowley Review

Gates of Gore's Team