Rob Zombie's The Munsters Review

 


Cast: Sheri Moon Zombie, Jeff Daniel Phillips, Daniel Roebuck, Richard Brake, Jorge Garcia, Cassandra Peterson 

Director: Rob Zombie 


This is the origin story you've all been yearning for. Witness how Lily and Herman first met in their ultimate love story....from Transylvania to 1313 Mockingbird Lane.

 I'm a huge fan of the original series from the 60's. I was really skeptical when I heard Rob Zombie was tackling this subject. I mean, if you know his style, you know he does a lot of trailer trash films that are set in the 70's, but I did keep track of what he was planning and my hopes kept getting higher and higher as his filming was going strong.

I never thought Rob Zombie could ever create a vulgar-free film, but he nailed it perfectly. His vision of The Munsters was done with so much love and you could tell. It was both silly and heartwarming just like the original series. From beginning to end, The Munsters had me rolling with laughter.

I know a lot of people are tired of Sheri Moon Zombie being in Rob's films and casting her as Lily didn't seem right, but she sure pulled it off. Her version of Lily was endearing and I loved it, but truth be told, it was Daniel Roebuck as Grandpa and Richard Brake as Dr. Wolfgang who stole the show every time they were on screen. You can tell they had fun in these roles. 

Now I'm not sure how I feel about Jeff Daniel Phillips as Herman. I always see Fred Gwynn in that role, but Jeff was pretty fun with what he was given. I guess it was just his voice. It seems he tried to capture Herman just like in the series, but came up a little short.

However, I gotta say that Rob Zombie did an amazing job creating The Munsters as close to the TV series as close as possible. There are going to be people out there wondering where Eddie and Marilyn are, but just remember, this is about how they met, so if Rob decides to do a follow up, I'm sure they will be included then.

The Munsters is a fun ride for the entire family. Check it out.

Now available on Blu ray and streaming on Netflix. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zombarella's House of Whorrors Review

Crowley Review

Child's Play (2019) Review