Freaky Review

 

Cast: Kathryn Newton, Vince Vaughn, Uriah Shelton, Misha Osherovich, Celeste O'Connor, Alan Ruck 

Director: Christopher Landon 


An infamous serial killer mysteriously swaps bodies with a 17 year old high school girl after he attacks and stabs her with an ancient dagger.

When I first heard that a horror version of FREAKY FRIDAY was in the works, I was not enthusiastic at all about this news. I mean, can't Hollywood come up with their own ideas? 

However, my mind was changed upon learning that Christopher Landon was behind this and he did both HAPPY DEATH DAY films and they were incredibly fun.

FREAKY (leaving off the Friday part of the title) was the biggest surprise for me. I knew what I was in for from the first 10 minutes or so. The killings were quite bloody and brutal. Sure, the characters that were killed off first, you really didn't care about. Or basically any of the murder victims for that matter. 

Kathryn Newton who portrayed the young high school student turned serial killer was pretty damn fun to watch and Vince Vaughn, serial killer turned female was too funny. I don't think I have laughed so much. 

I already mentioned the bloody killings in the opening scene, but you haven't seen anything yet. One scene involved a cryogenic chamber and another involved an electric saw. Neither scenes shyed away from what happened and that is what it's all about.

FREAKY is a bat shit crazy slasher comedy that is not to be missed.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zombarella's House of Whorrors Review

Crowley Review

Gates of Gore's Team