X Review

 


Cast: Mia Goth, Jenna Ortega, Brittany Snow, Martin Henderson, Kid Cudi, Stephen Ure, Owen Campbell 


Director: Ti West 


A film crew rents a guest house from an elderly couple to make an adult film. 

As the night goes on and tensions rise, they are killed off one by one in really gruesome fashion by someone that is observing what kind of filth they are making.

First of all, I have to admit that I am not a fan of the films that A24 comes out with.

For the most part, they are completely boring and uninteresting to me.  

I am the type of person that can't get into films that are known as "slow burns" because I have a tendency to fall asleep.

However, X is a much different kind of horror film. Sure, it's still slow-paced, but the storyline is very interesting that you actually don't even realize how long it's taking for the first murder begins and one that happens, you are in for a wild ride.

X is set in the rural backwoods of Texas in the 70's and that made this film even more compelling. 

You get the costumes and tunes that are based out of that decade and it was great. I really thought I was watching a movie that truly came out then.

The killings were what I was waiting for, like I do with all the horror movies that I view and that first death scene was so great. Not for the bloody stuff, but because the song "Don't Fear the Reaper" was playing during this scene and I thought that was so perfect. 

Mia Goth gave 2 amazing performances as she does double duty as two separate characters and one of those characters was a bit gross with the subject matter she had to perform. It was pretty unforgettable. 

X was an amazing film from A24 and that is saying a lot from me. I hope they make more movies in this same vein, I was not bored once and when the slayings started, it didn't let up once.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zombarella's House of Whorrors Review

Crowley Review

Gates of Gore's Team