Halloween Kills Review


Cast: Jamie Lee Curtis, Judy Greer, Andi Matichak, Anthony Michael Hall. Kyle Richards, James Jude Courtney 

Director: David Gordon Green 


After the events of HALLOWEEN 2018, Laurie, Karen and Allyson have escaped the wrath of Michael Myers with Michael trapped in the burning basement of Laurie's compound.

However, evil never dies as Michael escapes from the burning building and is more pissed then ever as he goes on the most brutal and bloodiest killing spree to date (forget the RZ versions please).

I have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of HALLOWEEN KILLS ever since it was first announced for 2020.

And then the unthinkable happened, COVID hit and the movie was pushed to 2021.  I was really worried that the movie was going to be pushed again, but I am so thankful that it didn't occur and HALLOWEEN KILLS has finally been released worldwide.

Now, let me get into my thoughts on what was my most anticipated movie of the year.

Holy shit, HALLOWEEN KILLS was what I was expecting and what I really wanted out of the 2018 movie.

Don't get me wrong, HALLOWEEN 2018 was a fun little ride, but alot of the killings were shown off screen, just the after effects of the deaths.

HALLOWEEN KILLS is not like that as most of the brutal and gory slayings are full on display here and I appreciated that so much.

Michael brought on so much carnage that made me happy, however there was one death that truly made me cringe and that is unusual for me.

To everyone that was excited about the flashback scenes to 1978, let me just say that I was highly impressed. I always wondered what would happen after Loomis shot Michael and he just walked away from it and the police went on the hunt to find him. That was much more cooler then I could've imagined and I loved the images of Loomis for these scenes. The dude they got to play him was so spot on. Plus another guy to do his voice, it was incredible.

The flashback scenes were so good! 

I was so excited as I kept hearing that they were being back Tommy, Lindsey, Marion, Lonnie and Sheriff Brackett to battle Michael. I was truly in Halloween heaven as HALLOWEEN is my favorite franchise 

Just like HALLOWEEN 2018, they brought back an homage to SEASON OF THE WITCH, which is shown more here and I know it will make fans of that film very happy.

I had read the ending of HALLOWEEN KILLS in the leaked script that I have, so I knew ahead of time what was going to happen, so I was prepared for it, although I still didn't want it to happen, but it does get you ready for HALLOWEEN ENDS.

All in all, HALLOWEEN KILLS is a full on brutal and gory film with some great homages and kills.

This is not a Laurie Strode film, this is a true Michael Myers film and I can't wait until the 3rd and final HALLOWEEN film in the David Gordon Green trilogy comes out.

HALLOWEEN KILLS is now playing in theaters and streaming on Peacock. The choice is yours.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zombarella's House of Whorrors Review

Crowley Review

Gates of Gore's Team