The Banana Splits Movie Review

Cast: Dani Kind, Finlay Wojtak-Hissong, Romeo Carere, Steve Lund, Maria Nash, Naleda Majola, Richard White, Sara Canning, Celina Martin

Director: Danishka Esterhazy

It's Harley's birthday and his family has a big surprise for him, tickets to attend a live taping of his favorite TV show, The Banana Splits.

As the adults and kids begin filling the studio with excitement, the head of the network has announced that they are pulling the plug and this will be The Banana Splits' final episode.

However, this doesn't set right with The Banana Splits themselves and they go on a bloody, murderous rampage.

The original Banana Splits TV show was way before my time, I wasn't born yet, but thanks to cable, the show aired in reruns, so I had the chance to check out this wonderfully psychedelic kids show and it was amazing.

More than 40 years later it was announced that The Banana Splits was going to be turned into a horror movie and I was completely appalled by this idea. How can they turn a wholesome kids show into something that would terrify them? Would it be a disaster or would it be successful? How would this even work?

Well, there's an easy answer for that. They completely nailed it on the head like I never thought they would.

The Banana Splits themselves were so much fun to watch, but what I never expected was they were robots. I imagined humans being in costume, but no matter what, it worked really well. I loved how evil they looked when they were about to slaughter someone, especially when their eyes turned red, you know something was about to happen.

I thought the cast did a great job, although there were some very annoying characters that you just wanted to die already. But, among all the humans, it's really The Banana Splits that stole the show and that's what was really important.

I was really surprised at how bloody this movie was, but that always makes me happy and there was quite a bit of gore, including one character being pulled apart by their limbs. And what happens at the end, that was funny as hell. I'm laughing right now just thinking about it.

THE BANANA SPLITS MOVIE is a fun, wild ride with the beloved characters that you grew up watching, but seen in a whole new, demented light. Now they need to tackle another children's show. Maybe H.R. Pufnstuf or Lidsville. Is that too much to ask? Well, is it? I guess time will tell because you never know, but in the meantime, check out THE BANANA SPLITS MOVIE if you really want to have a crazy good time.

Tra La La (One Banana, Two Banana)

Oh great, now I have that song stuck in my head.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zombarella's House of Whorrors Review

Crowley Review

The Future