Crawl Review

Cast : Kaya Scodelario, Barry Pepper, Ross Anderson, Anson Boon, Jose Palma, George Somner, Ami Metcalf, Morfydd Clark, Annamaria Serda, Savannah Steyn

Director: Alexandre Aja

As a Category 5 Hurricane is approaching, a young woman and her father become trapped underneath their family home.

Desperately trying to escape the rushing water that is flooding the house, they are also being hunted by man-eating alligators and now it's become their biggest fight for survival.

I have always been a huge fan of disaster films, especially when it comes to massive weather situations, but what's even better is when they include a horror element with it and that's what we get with CRAWL.

When I first heard this movie was being made, I was so happy. However, my excitement became even greater when I found out that not only was Alexandre Aja sitting in the director's chair, but Sam Raimi was producing it. Now I knew that this movie was going to be killer and man, was I right.

From the moment CRAWL starts, it doesn't let up once. First, you get a powerful hurricane hitting this town in Florida and then you have all these alligators on the loose and hunting for food. I was seriously on the edge of my seat.

This movie isn't really heavy on the characters, but it didn't need to be  because you are mostly focused on the two main characters that are trying to get out of this horrible, fierce situation alive. I felt like my heart was racing every time they were on screen and having to fight off those vicious alligators. CRAWL will have your heart pounding until the very end and that's what it's all about, right? You just get so involved the whole time.

CRAWL is an incredibly action-packed disaster/horror film and is definitely one of the best movies to have come out in 2019. If you haven't had the chance to check this one out yet, you need to. You won't be disappointed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zombarella's House of Whorrors Review

Crowley Review

X Review