The Human Centipede 3 Review



Starring: Dieter Laser, Laurence R. Harvey, Bree Olsen, Eric Roberts, Robert LaSardo, Tommy 'Tiny' Lister, Clayton Rohner, Tom Six

Director: Tom Six

The warden of a notorious, out-of-control prison decide to create a 500-person human centipede to keep these prisoners in line.

I seriously hated the first Human Centipede film. I always give films the benefit of the doubt, but I just didn't like it at all. That's also why I have avoided watching the sequel, even though I own it. I might just have to go back at some point to watch it, but we'll see.



After checking out the trailer for the 3rd and final Human Centipede film, I was actually excited about seeing this one. It's really because I'm a huge fan of Eric Roberts, even though he's not in this movie much at all and the idea of a 500-person human centipede seemed a bit outrageous and boy, was it ever. 

I loved the movie-within-a-movie aspect, where the first 2 Human Centipede films were the inspiration and even the director makes a cameo, which I thought was fun. 

What I thought was funny that the main baddies from the first 2 films were in this one together, as if they didn't recognize their own selves. 

Dieter Laser (from the first one) was quite funny in this movie. His character, as the warden was vulgar, sadistic and a chicken shit. You'll see what I mean when you see this one. Laurence R. Harvey (from the 2nd one) was actually lovable, I liked his character the most.



Seeing familiar faces was the best...Robert LaSardo, Tommy 'Tiny' Lister and Bree Olsen did a great job with what they were given to do. Bree was actually the only female in the entire movie. She portrayed the warden's secretary and sexual plaything, big surprise there.





The only thing that bummed me out was that you had to wait through most of the movie before they conducted the 500-person human centipede. However, they added an extra touch when they also did a human caterpillar that you need to see to believe.

Even though the film runs 102 minutes, it does move at a pretty fast pace, so it doesn't seem that you are waiting forever for the good stuff to happen.

The Human Centipede 3 [Final Sequence] was a fun movie-with-a-movie tongue firmly planted in cheek send off to the notorious Human Centipede films and I have to admit, I enjoyed this one way too much, but I'm sure it's not for everyone.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zombarella's House of Whorrors Review

Crowley Review

Gates of Gore's Team