Intruder Review



Starring: Elizabeth Cox, Renee Estevez, Dan Hicks, David Byrnes, Sam Raimi, Ted Raimi, Euegene Robert Glazer, Billy Marti, Burr Steers, Craig Stark


Director: Scott Spiegel


The employees of a grocery store are having to stay overnight to get ready for their going-out-of-business sale, but someone is not about to let that happen as each employee is being brutally slaughtered one by one.

I first heard about this movie when I saw an episode of "The Incredibly Strange Film Show" featuring Sam Raimi. After the discussion about the "Evil Dead" movies, they went behind the scenes for a little known slasher called "Night Crew: The Final Checkout" (which officially became "Intruder" for distribution). 

The movie was directed by Scott Spiegel, which I had seen in the films "The Dead Next Door" and "Skinned Alive". I knew that he could act, but had no idea that he could direct too, which happily surprised me.

The gore scenes are definitely something to see. The VHS version is cut to shit, so I am glad that I avoided it and waited for the uncut version because those scenes are incredible, including the bandsaw and trash compactor scenes. This is what gore is supposed to look like, not that crappy fakeness that I keep seeing these days. Besides, if you want to see both Sam Raimi and Ted Raimi get brutally killed, then this is the movie for you.

"Intruder" is one badass slasher film from the 80's that every gorehound needs to check out.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zombarella's House of Whorrors Review

Crowley Review

Gates of Gore's Team