Basic Slaughter Review



A mysterious person, dressed from head to toe in all black and wielding a machete has come to the town of Rotary, Pennsylvania with one thing in mind....butcher as many people as this person comes in contact with.

Why is this person killing? Will anybody survive? Will anyone care? Probably not because after all, it is just BASIC SLAUGHTER!

Basic Slaughter is the latest film from writer/director Steve Rudzinski, who is known for his films....Legends and Wolfster. What's so different from these films? Basic Slaughter is not meant to be comedic in any shape or form. This is a pretty straight forward slasher film with some funny moments and a high body count.

I was quite surprised with Steve's first effort at making a slasher film. Sure, a majority of the characters were annoying, but when they get butchered in various ways, you don't really care about them...you just want to cheer for the killer.

I did think that it was really cool that A Nightmare on Elm Street was mentioned a few times, plus the scene with Steve doing his karate reminded me of Nightmare on Elm Street 4 (the character of Rick doing the same stuff), although I'm not sure if that what he meant to do.

I feel the only drawback was that some scenes seemed to drag on a bit, but I guess we had to get a feel of the characters, although I thought it was a bit much at times.

In my opinion, slashers are the greatest form of entertainment in the horror genre and I think Basic Slaughter fits right in there, and I really hope that there might be a sequel in the future. Just an idea!

Check out Basic Slaughter, if you dare!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zombarella's House of Whorrors Review

Crowley Review

Gates of Gore's Team