Santa Claws Review


Director: John Russo
Cast: Debbie Rochon, Grant Cramer, John Mowod, Dawn Michelucci, Savannah Calhoun, Marilyn Eastman, Julie Wallace Deklavon

Santa Claws was recently released in a 10th anniversary DVD from PopCinema. I was hoping that I would've gotten this DVD, so I'd have an excuse to review it, but it never came. I do, however, own the VHS that has a completely different cover than the one that was just released, which is cool with me.


When the Christmas holiday recently came upon us, I decided to check out this film again. I haven't watched it since the first time I bought the movie, which was some years ago. The only thing that I remembered was that I didn't like the movie at all when I first viewed it. Has my mind changed, since that first viewing? Well, all I will say at this moment is that it did....but only a little bit.

Raven Quinn is an erotic b-movie horror actress who's having serious problems in her marriage. However, that's not the only problem she's having problems with...her next door neighbor has an unhealthy obsession with Raven and will do anything he can to make her happy, even if it mean dressing up like Santa Clause and offing anyone that's in her way...mainly the people that she works with.

Will Raven get away from this lunatic and get her marriage back on track?

This was the first movie I had ever seen with Debbie Rochon. At that time, I had no idea who she was, but she sure impressed the hell out of me. It wasn't until years later and many more films I had seen was when I had become one of the biggest fans of Debbie's. She just gives off an amazing presence in every role that she has, whether the movie is great or a big disappointment. You can always count on Debbie to make every movie worthwhile.

I think the only thing I wish was that Santa Claws could've been a bit gorier. The killings were actually pretty lame and almost bloodless. That's something that irks me because I love watching people get mutilated in various ways. No, I don't need help, I just love gory horror movies...hehe!

In my opinion, I think that Santa Claws could've been executed in a much better way. I'm not a huge fan of John Russo. Have you ever seen some of his interviews? He's a bit incoherent at times, you just can't understand him. Maybe that's just the way he is, I don't know, I've never met him.

On a final note, I'd have to say that Santa Claws is definitely for all you die hard Debbie Rochon fans only, but sadly, no one else!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zombarella's House of Whorrors Review

Crowley Review

Gates of Gore's Team