Marty Jenkins and the Vampire Bitches Review



Director: Henrique Couto

Cast: Shawn A. Green III, Michelle McLaughlin, Lisa Clarke, Henrique Couto, Plexi Starr, Amy Lynn Best, Nic Pesante, Andrew Shearer


Marty Jenkins and the Vampire Bitches is the long awaited film from Freak Productions' own, Henrique Couto and quite possibly the best vampire film that has been made since The Lost Boys. Ok, there are probably other ones after The Lost Boys, but I don't have the time to think of them all, so I'm sticking with what I'm saying.

I have been a fan of Henrique's work for over 2 years now and all of his movies have been a wild ride to watch and I mean that in an ever-so-loving way, so when I popped Marty Jenkins into my DVD player, I was thrown for a loop, as this film rocked my socks off and everything in between. I will explain more about that as I continue this review, but here's a little of what the plot is about.

Marty is a loveable loser, who has just been dumped by his very annoying girlfriend. With Marty being depressed, his friend Tyler tries to convince him to seek out a new girlfriend, but that's not what he really wants. Enter 3 sensuously, gothic-clad women, who just happens to be vampires. Things go from bad to worse as Marty is the only one left that can try to rid the town of these bloodsuckers.

Will Marty succed? And will he be able to move on and find the right girl? I guess you'll have to watch the flick and find out for yourself.

The one thing I always pay attention to when watching Henrique's films is the dialogue. He always comes up with some really great lines. However, I have never laughed so hard until I cried when I was listening to the lines that Andrew Shearer had to say in this film, he portayed Marty's father. I think his part was incredibly funny that he'll have you rolling around on the floor, seriously! I would love to see him act alot more, he has a natural ability for acting.

One of the best scenes, which was actually filmed in Pittsburgh, involves one of my favorite actresses, Amy Lynn Best. I know her from Happy Cloud Pictures, but it was so great to see her in one of Henrique's productions. Her performance was very funny and I loved the outfit that she wore, it fit right in with her scene. I hope that she'll be in more of his movies, I'd love to see that happen!

For the first time in a Henrique Couto film, this one actually has a little nudity thrown in to the story and it worked very well. When I first heard about this, I wasn't sure what to expect, but when I saw this particular scene, I thought it was both funny with a little bit on the erotic side. The scene was well done and I think alot of people, who has seen his other films, will be quite surprised, just like I was.

I was also blown away by the special effects in this film, they were so well made for the budget that this film was done on. I give a triple kudos all around!

On a final note, Marty Jenkins and the Vampire Bitches is one of the greatest vampire films to date with really great dialogue, excellent special effects and quite possibly one of the most well rounded casts I have seen.

I highly recommend this film!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zombarella's House of Whorrors Review

Crowley Review

Gates of Gore's Team