Dead Clowns Review



Director: Steve Sessions

Cast: Debbie Rochon, Brinke Stevens, Lucien Eisenach, Jeff Dylan Graham, Eric Spudic, Robyn Griggs, Kimberly Lynn Cole

I have never been one to be afraid of clowns. I always thought they were too silly for words and all the movies that I have seen, pertaining to clowns, were not serious enough in my book to even want to check out. Well, I can't say that about KILLER KLOWNS FROM OUTER SPACE. It's not a serious movie, but a fun one at best.

This brings us to the following movie that I recently got to check out entitled DEAD CLOWNS. Have you ever pictured a movie about clowns that were zombies? Well, that's what this movie is about and I gotta say that it rocks...hardcore!

DEAD CLOWNS tells the story about a group of people that are being butchered and eaten by a group of dead clowns that have risen from the bottom of the ocean due to a fierce hurricane that have struck a southern sea port town.

They may be clowns, but there's nothing funny about these zombified killers, so you better watch out!

The first movie that I got to see from Steve Sessions was CREMAINS. I thought that was a pretty cool movie. Next up was a little film called HELLBOUND: BOOK OF THE DEAD. I thought that one was ok at best. It was really slow and I was kinda disappointed with the ending. DEAD CLOWNS is definitely different then anything I'd ever seen from Steve. Sure, it was slow in parts, but it picked itsself right up soon after. It kept me interested from beginning to end, which is very rare in my book.

DEAD CLOWNS has an all-star cast in the b-movie world with the likes of Debbie Rochon, Brinke Stevens, Jeff Dylan Graham and Robyn Griggs. Everyone was great, even though I was disappointed that Robyn was only on screen for a couple of minutes. I guess you can't have it all, right? Debbie and Jeff were in a majority of the film, which was great, even though they didn't share any scenes together, like they did in DEAD & ROTTING, but I digress.

Another actor that I'd like to focus on for a minute is Eric Spudic, who portrayed a wheelchair bound guy that is trying to escape from these clowns. I always thought he was a good actor, but after seeing this performace, you have to wonder why he's not getting much bigger roles. He was incredible and I hope that big time directors notice this guy and grab him up in a hurry! Seriously!!!!

DEAD CLOWNS has some really great f/x, especially for a low budget film that was made in the south. When I first saw what these clowns looked like, my first question was, did Steve watch ZOMBIE way too many times? That's exactly what they looked like, those zombies from Fulci's flick, ZOMBIE. That's what impressed me the most, being a fan of Fulci, I thought it was great to see zombies look and act just like those from the Italian master of zombie films. Once you all see this film, you'll know what I mean.

On a final note, DEAD CLOWNS is a really freaky, atmospheric and gory zombie flick that I highly recommend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zombarella's House of Whorrors Review

Crowley Review

Gates of Gore's Team