The Last Call Review


Cast: Terry Alexander, Dee Imbert, Elizabeth Piper S, Geoff Lerer, David Morwick, Marcus Slabine, Lori Cardille

Director: Marcus Slabine

What was supposed to be his last day at WORX, Radio DJ Harry Cunningham takes a mysterious call online that tries to force him to reveal a dark secret from the past. However, when he refuses, bodies start piling up and Harry's last day could really be his last forever.

I have known Marcus for many years, ever since he had his own movie review site. I was really disappointed when he had to shut down his website for good. He had such an incredible knowledge for films, so when I found out that he was venturing into his own brand of movie making, I was so excited.

THE LAST CALL is his first film and I thought it was so good. It only runs 17 minutes, but it gets down to business and that's what I love.

I was so happy to learn that Terry Alexander was starring in this little film. If you are a George Romero fan, then you will know him from the classic, DAY OF THE DEAD, which happens to be my absolute favorite of all the Romero flicks. He did an amazing job.

I really thought everyone did such an amazing job and I hope I see more from them. Plus you get a real treat as Lori Cardille had a small cameo. I don't want to ruin that for anyone.

As I was watching THE LAST CALL, I kept getting reminded of another film, URBAN LEGEND, Just some scenes that had that kinda feel to it. It was probably both the setting and the killer and that was great.

This movie does have blood, but it's not overly gory and that's fine. It's just not needed all the time and that's coming from someone that relies on gore, like me.

Now, Marcus needs to tackle a feature length film because he can do so much more and I would be first in line for sure. He is an amazing filmmaker.

Do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of THE LAST CALL on Blu-ray once they are finally available for purchase.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zombarella's House of Whorrors Review

Crowley Review

Gates of Gore's Team