Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile Review


Cast: Zac Efron, Lilly Collins, Kaya Scodelario, John Malkovich, Jeffrey Donovan, Dylan Baker, Jim Parsons, Angela Sarafyan, Hayley Joel Osment, James Hetfield

Director: Joe Berlinger

In 1969, a young woman abd mother named Elizabeth Kloepfer  meets a charming man named Ted Bundy and from there, their relationship grows.

As Elizabeth thinks she has finally found the man of her dreams, Ted is keeping a dark secret from her that he is a serial killer.

As his crimes finally comes to light, Elizabeth refuses to believe the truth that is staring her right in the face.

I was very excited when I found out that Netflix was releasing this film and seeing the trailer made me even more happy.

Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile is a very well made film, told through the eyes of Ted's ex-girlfriend Elizabeth that is based on her revealing tell-all book, The Phantom Prince: My Life With Ted Bundy, which I would love to pick up and read for myself.

Unlike other real life serial killer films that I've seen, this one is more of a courtroom drama than focusing on all of his crimes, although you do get to see a glimpse of one murder, which was just a tad bit disappointing, but I was still glad to see that scene none the less.

This movie has one killer cast, which includes Zac Efron playing Ted Bundy. That was a surprising cast choice, but he nailed it. His mannerisms were so spot on, I was very impressed. Lilly Collins was incredible as Ted's longtime and suffering girlfriend, Elizabeth, I can truly feel the agony she was going through, espevially after finding out the man of her dreams was truly a monster.

One of the main reasons I wanted to see this movie was for the very short cameo of Metallica's very own James Hetfield, who portrays the police officer that originally arrested Ted Bundy. I was quite impressed and if I didn't already know who James was, I'd swear he could'be been a real cop. He certainly had the look of one, instead of being in that band, which now sicks. He should definitely do some more acting.

EXTREMELY WICKED, SHOCKINGLY EVIL AND VILE was a surprising film that you should definitely check out and make sure to stay during the credits for footage of the real Ted Bundy. I thought that was a nice touch to finish it off with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zombarella's House of Whorrors Review

Crowley Review

Gates of Gore's Team