Halloween (2018) Review



Cast: Jamie Lee Curtis, Judy Greer, Will Patton, Haluk Bilginer, Virginia Gardner, Andi Matichak, Jefferson Hall, Toby Huss, Dylan Arnold, Rhian Rees, Miles Robbins, Omar Dorsey

Directed By: David Gordon Green

On Halloween night in 1978, Laurie Strode survived a night of terror by the hands of serial killer, Michael Myers.

Now it's 40 years later and Laurie is living like a recluse, still traumatized by what she went through and getting herself prepared in case the day came when Michael were to come looking for the one that got away.

But that time is about to come true...

Being an obsessed fan of Michael Myers ever since I was a kid, I would get very excited every time a new installment of the Halloween franchise would get released

Sure, not all of them are great, but I can certainly appreciate what the filmmakers were trying to do. However, when Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 came out, it shattered my heart on so many levels. It was such a disaster that I didn't think anyone could ever bring back the Halloween films to the high standards that I hold dear to me.

I WAS SO WRONG!

David Gordon Green's version of Halloween is what I've been waiting for.

Just like Halloween: H20, forget everything you thought you knew as all of the sequels have been scraped from memory. This Halloween is now a direct sequel to the original 1978 film, although I do wish they had kept the 2nd one just because it took place the same night, but I guess they knew what was best.

I was so happy that Jamie Lee Curtis returned to the franchise that made her a household name. She is such a bad ass, especially with her confrontation with Michael Myers. I enjoyed every minute of it.

When Michael began his long awaited killing spree, it gave me chills. Especially when he finally put his mask back on. The fan in me cheered the whole time. Some of the killings were shown off-screen, but as the night went on, they got even more brutal, especially the head stomp. Now that was the greatest scene ever.

What I loved the most was that throughout this film, there were homages to the other Halloween movies, but make sure you pay close attention or you might miss something.

David Gordon Green's Halloween is a long awaited love letter to the fans that shouldn't be missed and I would be very happy if they stopped with this one, but we will see what the future holds.

I highly recommend it!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zombarella's House of Whorrors Review

Crowley Review

Gates of Gore's Team