Texas Chainsaw Review


THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE is the ultimate classic horror movie. I have loved it since I was a kid and I love it to this day. I even get a kick out of the sequels....well, the first 2 sequels I should say. I hated THE NEXT GENERATION with a passion. It was the worst thing I have ever seen. I actually can't say anything about the remake or the sequel to that remake because I have never seen them and really don't have any desire to, as a matter of fact. That's no big deal for me because I hate most remakes anyway.

When I first heard that a new TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE movie was on the horizon, I had no expectation at all. The trailer looked cool and all, but I wasn't sure if I really wanted to see it. I finally decided to check it out because I knew that it couldn't be any worse than THE NEXT GENERATION, right?

This movie is set  in 1974 right after the events of the original TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE occurred (thanks to footage of the original movie). A group of vigilantes descend upon the Sawyer house and burn it to the ground, killing everyone inside (or so they thought). The only survivor is a baby that was found and taken by one of them.

Fast forward to years later, a young woman named Heather has inherited a house from her Grandmother...someone that she never knew existed. She really wanted to check the place out, so her friends offered to go along with her, but that was a huge mistake as this house holds a deep, dark secret that no one will soon forget.

TEXAS CHAINSAW was not as a bad movie as THE NEXT GENERATION, but it's not great either. There were some really cool deaths and I did get involved with one scene that actually kicked ass. However, one scene left me really cold. I won't say what that was (as to not spoil it for those that haven't seen it yet), but let me just say that if the filmmakers had gone in a different direction, it could've been a truly awesome movie.

The actors did a pretty good job for what they were given and it was cool to see Gunnar Hansen, Bill Moseley and Marylin Burns in this movie, even though they portrayed different characters.

All in all, I thought it was a okay movie. Don't pay the full price at the movies though. If you want to see it, go to a matinee or just wait for DVD and Blu-Ray.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zombarella's House of Whorrors Review

Crowley Review

Gates of Gore's Team