Night of the Demons (2009)

Angela Feld is throwing a wild Halloween party at the infamous Broussard Mansion and everyone is invited to this shindig. However, the festivities are haulted when cops show up and makes everyone leave. That is for a few that decide to stay behind to continue on with the fun...but little do they know that they are not alone when demons join in on the fun.

I was skeptical when I first heard that the movie was being remade. I have hated a majority of the recent remakes that I have seen, so I really didn't even want to check this one out. The original Night of the Demons was always one of my favorite movies and it just didn't need a remake to begin with.

Do I still feel this way? In a way...yes. However, I had seen a couple of trailers that changed my mind and when I finally got the chance to see it, I was quite thrilled. Sure, it's not as good as the original, but I still had fun with it. 

The first thing that I need to mention is the little homage to the original. Linnea Quigley's cameo was great and if you've seen the original, then you will know what I mean. I was so happy to see this as I didn't even remember if I had already known about her cameo.

It had what I always look for in my horror movies...gore and sex. If I'm not mistaken, the gore was even that CGI crap, it looked more like old school gore and that made me so happy. If it did have CGI in any way, I really couldn't tell.

I think the only problem I had with Night of the Demons was Edward Furlong. I do like him as an actor, but it seemed to me that he was out of place. He looked older then the other actors/actresses although he's probably the same age as them. Also, he just whined too much for my taste.

I loved Shannon Elizabeth as Angela. I loved her goth look and she was incredibly sexy. I really hope to see her in more horror movies.

On a final note, the Night of the Demons remake was a total blast. It's not a great film and doesn't even come close to the original, but I had alot of fun and it's great for a late night viewing, so check it out.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zombarella's House of Whorrors Review

Crowley Review

Gates of Gore's Team