Malefic Review




DIRECTOR: Steve Sessions

CAST: Jeff Dylan Graham, Lilith Stabs, Cynder Moon, Lucien Eisenach




In Hobbs Bluff, Louisiana...four crimals have recently stolen the corpse of a dead child. They travel to an isolated cabin in the woods of an occult author. Their plan is to hold the corpse for ransom...but things go horribly wrong when they mess with an ancient sprirt board and something is conjured up that comes for them one by one.
I have heard alot of great things about this film and I was lucky enough to find a limited edition VHS copy at a recent horror convention.

There was only one other film by Steve Sessions that I have seen called CREMAINS and I quite enjoyed it, so I had to see what other films he has done. Damn...this guy can make some really cool horror films. I definately want to see more of his works.

Hmmm...the acting was actually quite good, especially that of Lilith Stabs and Jeff Dylan Graham. They both had appeared in CREMAINS and were both awesome in that one as well. These 2 work great together and I better see more films that they have done together...or else!

Ok...when I first started watching this film all I could think of was that this was another EVIL DEAD rip-off, which is what we definately didn't need. Sure...it might've seemed like that at the beginning, but soon turned into a film of it's own afterwards. The cabin in the woods was great and the atmosphere was very creepy. Hell...watching this film made me realize that I would never want to go to an isolated cabin...or mess with a ouija board either. Very creepy stuff there!

This creature that was conjured up was kinda weird looking, but I thought it was great. I was just a little disappointed that it wasn't as gory as I was hoping it would be, but I will say that the ending quite surprised me and made me love it even more.

All in all...the story was great and the acting was awesome. I usually don't like films that were done in black & white...but if there is one indie film that should be checked out, it's definately MALEFIC. 

You won't be sorry!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zombarella's House of Whorrors Review

Crowley Review

Child's Play (2019) Review