Video Violence 2 Review


As I sit here and wait for the official release of the VIDEO VIOLENCE double feature DVD to come out, I thought I'd go ahead and write up my review for VIDEO VIOLENCE 2, which happens to be quite rare on VHS. I found my copy a few years back and only paid 13 bucks for it, while I recently checked again and saw it for 100 bucks. Is it really worth that much? Well, no. No movie in my opinion is worth $100.00 unless it comes complete in a set and possibly a DVD, but VHS isn't worth it. Good thing I found it back then and I grabbed it before anybody else could.

Enough about me talking about myself buying movies....onto the review.

If you all will remember, the first VIDEO VIOLENCE flick took place in what else, a video store. However in this sequel, the 2 miscreints from the first one...Howard and Eli...have now moved on to pirating their own cable access channel and we are treated to a variety of homeade splatter/snuff flicks from their loyal viewers, along with some of the kookiest commercials I have ever seen.

"This Christmas....bring home a Wilbur"

Haha, I just had to post that quote. It's my all-time favorite commercial that appears in this movie. You really have to see it to believe it!

Even though I thought the first VIDEO VIOLENCE was one of the best SOV horror flicks, the sequel really isn't too far off. It's got more of the same, violent/gory death scenes and some of the weirdest (or I should say funniest) characters. Sometimes I didn't know if it was going to be serious or maybe I just wanted to laugh. Some of the videos that are shown were pretty cool, although I thought one dragged a bit on. I don't want to mention what that one was, you'd have to figure it out on your own.

I've been checking some things out lately and found out that a script for VIDEO VIOLENCE 3 exists and I really hope it does eventually get made.

Finally, I would like to say thank you Camp Motion Pictures for releasing these movies on DVD! You have made my dream a reality!

Check it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zombarella's House of Whorrors Review

Crowley Review

Gates of Gore's Team