The Boys Review



Starring: Karl Urban, Jack Quaid, Antony Starr, Erin Moriarty, Dominique McElligott, Jessie T. Usher, Laz Alonso, Chase Crawford, Tomer Karon, Karen Fukuhara, Nathan Mitchell, Elisabeth Shue

Have you wondered what it would be like if your beloved superheroes were really bad and corrupt? Well, that's what you get with the new series now streaming on Amazon Prime and that series is called THE BOYS.

Based on the comic book series of the same name, THE BOYS is about a young man named Hugh, who teams up with a few vigilantes to seek justice after his girlfriend is killed by one of his childhood heroes  named A-Train.

Billy Butcher, the leader of THE BOYS has his own agenda against the head superhero known as Homelander and wants his own vengeance.

As the series moves on, we learn so many secrets as to where these superheroes actually came about and it's shocking.

I, for one am not a comic book fan at all, except for very few movies that I did like, but I was actually planning to skip this show for that reason. I am so glad that I gave it a chance because THE BOYS is one killer of a time.

The cast is amazing and they did a great job. You really hate the superheroes, well most of them because all they do is think of themselves rather than save those that desperately need it, especially one scene in particular that broke my heart so much. You can definitely understand why they need to be stopped.

I was so happy to see a cameo with Simon Pegg. That was a nice surprise. He was fun in the few episodes he appeared in. I was really shocked when I found out that Haley Joel Osment was in the show. I seriously did not recognize him at first, but upon a second glance and a look in his eyes, I saw that it definitely was him. He looked so different, but he did a really good job.

THE BOYS is packed with lots of violence. It really doesn't let up and it kept me glued to each episode until the shocking and twisted end. It's also pretty funny at times too, which was truely needed and made me laugh.

THE BOYS has become one of my favorite shows in 2019 and I can't wait for Season 2. If you haven't seen it yet, you really need to. I highly recommend it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zombarella's House of Whorrors Review

Crowley Review

The Future