Skin Crawl Review


Director: Justin Wingenfeld

Cast: Julian Wells, Debbie Rochon, Kevin G. Shinnick, Armand Anthony Mazza, John Fedele, Rodney Gray, Heidi Sjurssen


For a few years now, back in 2004 I think, I had been paying close attention to a film called SKIN CRAWL. I had seen the trailer for it when I bought a copy of SUBURBAN NIGHTMARE. I could tell that it was going to be my kind of flick. Not only does it have the talents of Julian Wells and Debbie Rochon, but it was also about witches, which I have a little secret about, but I won't say what that it right now.

I knew that it was making the convention rounds, but I was trying to by what I saw. SKIN CRAWL was quite an experience.

A woman named Margaret, who happens to be a descendent of witches from 3 centuries ago, is having troubles in her marriage. Her scum of a husband, Howard, is having an affair and his mistress suggests that he have his wife killed, so they can collect the inheritance.

When Margaret is murdered in cold-blood, they think they are living on easy street. However, things aren't what they seem, but I don't want to spoil any of it for those that haven't seen it yet. Let me just swait patiently for it to finally make it to DVD. When I checked the Shock-O-Rama website, SKIN CRAWL was featured on there and I knew that it was coming out soon and I happen to have gotten a copy of it last week.

Anyway, I popped this sucker into the DVD player this morning and was blown away ay that this conclusion will leave you very satisfied.

As I was watching SKIN CRAWL, I thought it was going to be more straight forward, but what I got was a movie that had alot more twists than I expected and I thought that was great!

Debbie Rochon played both a witch from 3 centuries ago and also her descenedent Margaret and she was amazing, as she is in all the movies I've seen her in. Yes it's true, I am one of her biggest fans, which is one of the main reasons I wanted to see this movie. There's nothing wrong with that, right? Good!

There's not as much blood as I was hoping for, but I was really impressed with what was shown on the screen, especially the scene close to the last. It actually made me kinda sick, which is very rare for me, but that's a good thing.

I'm weird, so sue me!

On a final note, I thought SKIN CRAWL was a fantastic movie that had me glued to my seat until the final frame. I highly recommend it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zombarella's House of Whorrors Review

Crowley Review

Gates of Gore's Team